1.   I’ve applied, when can I visit BU? Many of our courses run special days intended for applicants to come to campus, meet the team, get a more in depth feel for the course and occasionally can include interviews or activities. These tend to run from January through to March, and if you are invited to attend, details will be in your offer letter along with how to register.

If you cannot make the days listed, please just pop us an email, pick up the phone or contact us on www.facebook.com/bu2014 and we can see if we can find something more suitable.

2.       When do I apply for student finance? UK and EU students can apply now for student finance i.e. tuition fee and maintenance fee loans. You don’t need to have accepted your university/course choice and should make sure that you apply sooner rather than later to make sure you get your finance sorted in good time… there’s nothing worse than having an empty bank account at the start of term. You can use the student finance calculator to get a quick estimate of what student loans, grants, bursaries and other funding you could get for your studies. Follow the 6 easy steps to complete your application.

3.       I’ve used all 5 choices on my UCAS application, how do I apply to BU? We are currently accepting late applications for our courses, so if you haven’t already used all 5 choices on your UCAS application then by all means you can add Bournemouth University. If you have used all 5 choices, unfortunately you cannot swap one university for another, you would either need to apply via UCAS extra or Clearing. To use UCAS Extra you cannot be holding any offers, so you would have needed to either of been rejected from your 5 choices or decline any offers you receive and then you will see on UCAS Track that you have the option to apply through Extra. Do remember though that offers are not guaranteed. 

To apply through Clearing, you will need to wait until A-level results day in August to see whether the course you want to study here at BU is available to apply for. Again this cannot be guaranteed.

You can contact UCAS on 0871 468 0 468 if you need to discuss your application with them.

4.       I’m going away in the summer; can I fill my accommodation application form out early? We are just finalising our new accommodation portal for Undergraduate students joining us in September 2014. This will be available in Spring 2014. More information will be available online nearer the time.  When you come to apply, we would advise you to use an email address that you will have access to whilst you are away, as you’ll be required to pay a deposit to secure your accommodation space.

Meanwhile you can like us on our Facebook page to hear the latest updates and find out more about the different types of accommodation available too. 

5.       Can I send my application without a reference? We are currently accepting late applications for our courses and would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. You are welcome to submit your application and email your references to us separately to askBUenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk.  There is the option to select on your UCAS application that the University is happy to accept your entry without references, but please contact UCAS (www.ucas.com) if you have trouble selecting this option.  If our admissions team require any additional information and/or documents from you, they will contact you once they have reviewed your application.