Alongside a BU scholarship, fee discount for being a BU alumni and a Student Loan from Student Finance England, there were many reasons why Nicoletta stayed at BU for her Master’s degree in Corporate Communication. Hear her story in this short Q&A.

What was your main reason for studying a postgraduate qualification?

To specialise my skills and knowledge.

Why did you decide to stay at/return to BU?

Good course and reputation – and the scholarships available made doing a postgrad possible for me.

What are the best things about your course and academic experience overall?

The experience and knowledge of the academics leading it and how they can combine the two together to give a more real-world approach to the educational side of it.

What are your favourite things about living and studying in Bournemouth?

It’s a nice cosmopolitan town, not too big or too small. The beach of course is a bonus too.

What were your career aspirations before coming to BU and what are they now?

Both before and now, I want to work in PR.

How do you feel your postgraduate experience at BU will help you in your future career?

My undergrad was quite broad and didn’t focus much on actually doing the career I wanted, whereas my MA is all orientated around that.

What postgraduate financial support have you been eligible for?

BU scholarship for getting a 2:1, discount for being a BU alumni and SFE loan.

What have been the main differences you’ve found in postgraduate study vs. your first degree?

A lot more work to do, I treat it more like a job now and less like school.

What piece of advice would you give to someone considering BU for their postgraduate studies?

Treat it like your job and do a good 9-5/10-6 day so that you give plenty of time to doing your work.

By Nicoletta Cremona
MA Corporate Communication student and BA (Hons) Communication and Media graduate.