Written by Guest blogger
Hello! I am Lauren, studying MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management at BU. Downsizing can be tough when you’re leaving home, but keep reading for some helpful tips and suggestions on what to bring and what to buy when moving to study abroad!
When it comes to moving abroad, less is more. You can always pick up the items you need when you arrive at your destination or have your family send you what you need.
The following is a short list of the main items I find I really need while studying at Bournemouth University:
- Leggings to layer under jeans
- Puffer Jacket
- Knit Jumper
- Leather Gloves
- Active Wear (lots of it!)
- Beanie (woolly hats)
- Wool Socks
- Waterproof purse or backpack.
You really need a good, reliable laptop if you are to have any success writing numerous research papers. Secondly, bring a tablet. I find my tablet is useful for when I want to unwind and watch Netflix in between study sessions. You will also need a British charging plug, so invest in several from Amazon for all of your devices if you are coming from the USA like I am. Finally, a camera to remember all of your fun times with new found friends.
- Don’t bring a bed set, you can buy one when you arrive (unless you arrive in the middle of the night)
- Do bring a sturdy umbrella
- Do bring any medicine you may need
- Do bring those chips you thought you wouldn’t miss eating from home because you will!