Produced by Guest blogger
If you need a quiet and mellow place to come home to then Chesil House is your place. Since a mixture of PG and UG students live in Chesil, there is a perfect balance here. It is easy to make friends and great for the mature student who is looking for a study space and good times.
- 10 min walk from town centre
- 10 min bus ride from Talbot campus
- 5 min walk from ASDA super store
- Co-op supermarket on the ground floor
- The Lansdowne library is less than a 10 min walk away
- 10 min walk to the beach
- 5 min from other accommodation halls in Lansdowne campus
- The train station is just 10 min away
- Movie room: Super fun for just having a relaxing night in and a curry with your flatmate.
- Pool table: We even have a pool tournament now and again.
- Laundry room: 3 washers and 3 dryers – £2.20 for washing and £1.50 to dry
- The Kitchen: The kitchen is very large with a full sized oven (large enough for a turkey!) and toaster. We have 2 sofas, a fridge, and ample cupboard space for everyone.
- Waste storage area: on the ground floor there is a waste storage area which is connected to the building and you won’t even have to go outside!
- Common room: Rather large room with several TV’s mounted on the walls. The residential life coordinators always host fun events here, like pizza and movie nights or Halloween party etc.
My top tips for choosing your ideal accommodation
- Create a pros and cons list for each location: price, size of bed/cupboard, location, facilities etc.
- Use BU’s website to research more about their housing options – https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation
- Decide if you would rather be closer to town and further from the campus or vice versa
- Be realistic with prices and budget
- Look into ways to fund yourself – part-time work, loan, scholarship, etc… You won’t regret working those long summer shifts at the shop or restaurant you hate… I promise!
by Lauren Nygren