Produced by Guest blogger
When I graduated in May 2015 so many emotions and worries were going through my head. I had a friend tell me as we were waiting to walk out to our graduation ceremony, “Lauren you don’t look so happy right now.” It wasn’t that I was unhappy, I was just worried about my future.
It is now August 25th, 2016 and I couldn’t be happier with the path I’ve chosen to take. I landed a job as an assistant manager for the clothing company Hollister. It wasn’t what I expected it to be at ALL, but I made many friends there and also learned so much. I traveled to the Philippines, Yosemite, Laguna Beach, Scotland, Disneyland, Malibu and more!
I also was accepted to study at Bournemouth University in September! Leaving home to do my MSc wasn’t always what I expect to do, but I’ve always liked surprises.
There were many steps taken to get to where I am now. Some of them were not always easy and lots of them cost me money. However, in the end, I think it will all be paid back in full after I have my MSc title. So here are my top tips for you to follow on your journey:
- Create a check list
- Ask your family and friends for help
- Research accommodation on and off campus
- Apply for scholarships
- Start researching Tier 4 Visa requirements as soon as possible
- Apply for FAFSA aka Federal Aid (or an equivalent option in your country)
- Research banks to use and phone companies to switch to
- Pack it all up and say your goodbyes!!!
- Know that your only limit, is you.
Follow Lauren’s blog here http://laurensjourneytobu.blogspot.co.uk/.