Produced by kdanceydowns
1. Do you accept City & Guilds in Key Skills level 2 Maths and English, as part of the minimum entry academic requirements for your nursing courses?
If your certificate states Key Skills Level 2 then yes, we will accept this qualification. Saying that, if your qualification states Numeracy or Maths Level 2, then you will need to re-sit.
2. I’m an international student and interested in studying a foundation course in Tourism, does BU have such courses?
The Bournemouth International College delivers preparatory courses which are run on behalf of Bournemouth University by Kaplan College, an experienced organisation that will prepare you for studying at Bournemouth University. The preparatory courses will give you the academic and English skills needed to start your chosen degree at Bournemouth University.
BU International College at Bournemouth University offers flexible courses with numerous start dates throughout the year for international students. Please click here to find out more. Upon successful completion of your university preparation course, you are guaranteed entry to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Bournemouth University. It’s the best option for many international students looking to study in Bournemouth.
3. I’ve noticed that the course I’ve been offered a place on is showing as “under review”, what does this mean?
Every course goes under periodic review, this is standard for all universities. Depending upon the outcome of the review, there may be changes to course content which affects applicants – they will be notified about this. Please do not worry about this, we will be in touch if any changes are made. It’s a very positive thing in that we are always striving to offer the very best course content we can to our students.
4. I applied some time ago and am still waiting on a response to my application. When will I hear?
We appreciate that this is an anxious time. It takes between 6-8 weeks for each application to be processed. As soon as our admissions team has reached a decision, this will be updated via UCAS track and MyHub. If you are a Hotmail user, you may wish to check your spam box for messages. You won’t necessarily hear back at the same time as your friends and if there are any changes made to your application you will receive communications through UCAS track and MyHub.
5. I’m an International Student and have been offered a place to study at BU, but have low IELTS scores. Is there an English course I could study before joining BU?
You could study the Pre-sessional English for University Study Programme, based at our Bournemouth International College. For more details, please click here.
6. I’ve been given a conditional offer, but what happens if I don’t meet the conditions?
Firstly, congratulations! Your offer is tailored to the subject you have chosen to study with us. We realise this may not match your predicted grades precisely, however every year we aim to take as many new students as possible who have achieved the overall tariff score, but may not have achieved the exact offer conditions. This is subject to the number of remaining available spaces once we have confirmed those who have exactly matched their offer conditions. We completely understand your concerns, but please don’t worry, just focus on your studies. Once you’ve received your results, we would encourage you to follow up the status of your offer in UCAS Track, as any changes will appear there first.
If you have any more questions, please let us know in the comments section below!