I believe that everyone has their own reasons for choosing to study at Bournemouth University. Personally, the main reason for me was finding an available course that matched my interests in events, media, advertisement and marketing. BU has several courses in these areas, but specifically MA Advertising and MSc Events Marketing which only a few universities in the UK teach. Most UK universities have only “Event Management” and this made BU stand out from the crowd.

Secondly, lifestyle and character of a university is another main point that I considered. For sure, the course is important but at the same time we have to spend a year studying there. That’s why I dug deep to find out what activities could lead to fun and cool things to do in the time that I might need a break from academic stuff. And yes!! One of the clips I found online that really attracted me to BU was the Summer Ball. I think it showed the personality of students and the university being not only great academically, but it also helps students to balance life by offering fun activities. I do really like it and it makes life much more interesting in BU.

The last thing that influenced my choice was LOCATION! I searched information about Bournemouth town and considered how far it is in relation to other cities, especially London, the transportation links, living costs, the tourist attractions and other interesting activities in the town. I realised that this town was really nice, it is a beach town with sea, sand, sun, and occasionally nice clear skies and the living costs are cheaper than being in big cities. The pollution is less than other big cities as well.

I have never once regretted choosing BU. There are more interesting activities and other stuff that i can enjoy beyond my expectations. If I could start all over again, I’d still choose Bournemouth University for my postgraduate studies.

BU