New paper by Janet E. Dickinson, , Julia F. Hibbert, Viachaslau Filimonau Mobile technology and the tourist experience: (Dis)connection at the campsite Tourism Management Volume 57, December 2016, Pages 193–201 doi:10.1016/j.tourman.2016.06.005 Highlights •50% of tourists have some desire for mobile disconnection. •Tourists have dilemmas regarding mobile connectivity. •Digital engagement has a small effect on desire for mobile disconnection. •Developers of digital… Read more »
- Professor Dimitrios Buhalis addressed the World Tourism Organization Forum: Facing the Demographic Challenge Through Tourism and Innovation in Segovia, Spain, 26 March 2019.
- New article by Angela Smith, Derek Robbins & Janet E. Dickinson 2019,
- Bournemouth University awarded the Silver Award for Education and Mentorship at the BH STAR AWARDS
- Dr Anya Chapman @ Cafe Scientifique 7th May at 19:30 – Pier Review: What does the future hold for British Seaside Piers?
- Tourism Students field trip in Malta
#BUHospitality #BUProud #BUTourism alumni BA Hons Hospitality Management BA Leisure Marketing Bourenmouth University Bournemouth Bournemouth University BRC BUblogosphere Careers Forum Conference Digital Destinations Dr Tim Breitbarth ESRC eTourism Event management Festival Impact Monitor Festival of Events Festival of Learning Field Trip Food Graduates Hospitality ICE 2013 Jobs Lets Talk Events & Leisure MSc Tourism Management Olympics 2012 PhD Placement Professor Dimitrios Buhalis research Retail Management School of Tourism Sean Beer sports management STEEP Student Experience TCCS Tourism Tourism Management World Travel Market WTM 2012