Call for Undergraduate and Master Students Research- Students’ Hospitality Excellence Conference
Executive Committee of the Council for Hospitality Management Education (CHME) 2018 Research Conference Bournemouth, UK 22–25 May 2018
BU Department of Tourism & Hospitality will be hosting the CHME 2018 Annual Research Conference in May. The Conference theme is “Innovation in hospitality: Connecting all stakeholders to deliver memorable experiences“. To foster high quality research from undergraduate and master students, CHME 2018 is organizing a special session and inviting students from all over the world to showcase their research outputs. Meanwhile, we are offering three Best Research Paper Awards for students joining this session.
We would like to invite our students in all levels to submit your piece of research work. It can be your final year dissertation, course work, or other relevant work. As a student in Faculty of Management, you can benefit: 1) the registration fee will be waved for our own students (originally it is 190GBP); 2) Free meals and drinks (those included in the registration only); 3) publication opportunities (three awards for publication in different journals); 4) and a lot of social opportunities with the industry leaders and academic professionals.
The following is the requirement of the submission. Any inquiries about the paper submission or review process should be sent to Dr. Daisy Fan.
The deadline for internal submission is Sunday 25 March, 2018. All the submissions should be sent to CHME2018papersubmissions@bournemouth.ac.uk
1. There are two files to be submitted. Cover Page includes authors’ names and affiliations. The Extended Abstract should be up to 1,500 words, including research objectives, literature review, methodology, key findings (if available), and conclusion (typed, double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font).
2. A Best Paper Review Committee will conduct a refereed review of the submissions. Award winning students will be invited to submit their full papers to a peer-reviewed journal.
· Hospitality management
· Learning, teaching & assessment in hospitality
· Critical and cultural studies in hospitality
· Today’s and tomorrow’s consumer
· Technology & innovation in hospitality
· Experiences & consumers of the future
· The sharing economy & challenges to commercial hospitality
· Collaborative consumption & co-creation
· Management of talent in the hospitality industry
· Human resource management & leadership in hospitality
· Technology & distribution
· Food innovation & design
· Luxury vs functionality
· Gender & religion
· Female leadership in hospitality
· Crisis management, risk management, safety & security
· The future of hospitality