2017 ATHE Annual Conference
NEW APPROACHES TO TOURISM LEARNING IN HIGHER EDUCATION & RESEARCH ON COASTAL TOURISM
7th-8th December 2017 at The View Hotel, Eastbourne hosted by The School of Sport and Service Management, University of Brighton
We look forward to receiving submissions around the following themes:
New approaches to Tourism Learning in Higher Education
This theme picks up on new approaches in all aspects of curriculum and vocational development, teaching, learning and assessment in Tourism.
· New approaches to Tourism Learning in Higher Education: Curriculum Development
· New approaches to Tourism Learning in Higher Education: The Learning Experience
· New approaches to Tourism Learning in Higher Education: Assessment
· New approaches to Tourism Learning in Higher Education: Education, Industry or Government Partners
· New approaches to Tourism Learning in Higher Education: Professional Development
Coastal Tourism Research
This research theme reflects our 2017 conference location in Eastbourne, a classic and modern English seaside town.
· Social, cultural, economic or environmental dimensions of coastal tourism research
We encourage PhD researchers to present one specific aspect of their research (for example, focus on a specific theoretical perspective, discuss a particular challenge in data collection, or illustrate one particular theme emerged from their findings).
· Progress in Tourism and Events
Abstract forms can be downloaded from the following links:
· Full Conference CFP and Abstract Form: 2017-ATHE ANNUAL CONFERENCE CFP 110917 V2
· PhD Colloquium CFP and Abstract Form: 2017 ATHECFP-PhD Colloquium V2
Abstracts should include background, practical implications, methods and/or data sources, and indicative findings of the paper. All abstracts will be subject to a review process.
- Phil Evans (Director of Tourism and Enterprise, Eastbourne Borough Council & ATHE Fellow)
- Dr Anya Chapman (National Pier Society & Bournemouth University)
- Annette Allmark (Director of Strategic Policy, People 1st)
- Sam Richardson (National Coastal Tourism Academy)
- Kurt Jansen (Tourism Alliance)
- Dr Sandra Matthews-Marsh MBE (Visit Kent)
- Anthony Pickles (Visit Britain)
- Dr Jim Butcher (Canterbury Christ Church University)
- Dr Steven Goss-Turner (School of Sport & Service Management, University of Brighton)
Online registration is now open. To avail of Early Bird rates, please register before 31st October: https://www.athe.org.uk/booking/
We look forward to welcome you at the conference in December!
ATHE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE