BU is hosting a conference on Thursday 22 September to highlight the activity taking place across the region to support the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympics Games. Guest speakers will include John Tweed, CEO of Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, Amy Crees, 2012 Games Project Manager for VisitBritain, and academics from BU’s Centre for Event & Sport Research.
The event is organised in partnership with Business Link South West and RELAYS (the Regional Educational Legacy in Arts and Youth Sport). RELAYS, which is ran in partnership with Universities South West, aims to inspire young people and communities to participate in sports and cultural activities to create a legacy beyond 2012.
Briefings at the conference will include:
- Sailing venue preparations
- Dorset preparations for London 2012
- Leveraging the tourism benefits of the 2012 Games
- Get set for 2012, an update from VisitEngland
- Games Readiness, helping business prepare for the challenge
- 2012 and Beyond: Developing Future Research and Partnership Opportunities for Olympic Tourism and Events
The free event is open to all and runs from 9.15am to 2pm, and includes a networking lunch.
For the programme and to book a place visit here.