AndreeaA Q&A with recent MSc Management with Project Management graduate Andreea.

What was your main reason for studying a postgraduate qualification?

The main reason of getting a Master’s degree in Project Management was to allow me to pursue the career path I want to follow.

Why did you choose BU?

BU had the courses I was interested in so this university was my first choice.

What are the best things about your course and academic experience overall?

The unique experience to work with people from different backgrounds, the focus of teamwork in seminars and for lecture assignments, a different experience of how lecturers teach in class and how they are promoting a vision, the way assignments stimulate creativity and proactivity.

What are your favourite things about living and studying in Bournemouth?

I think BU won’t be the same in other city/town. Bournemouth has its own charm, a wonderful beach and many places that offer an extraordinary experience that won’t make you miss home. Living and studying in Bournemouth turned out to be great for me since the whole experience made me discover different sides of myself and achieve goals I gave up on a lot of times.

What were your career aspirations before coming to BU and what are they now?

Before coming to BU I was fighting the battle of figuring out what I want to do in life. When I figured it out, I applied to BU and I got accepted. Right now, I want to do my best of trying to have a good career in project management.

How do you feel your experience at BU will help you in your future career?

My experience at BU made me realise what fascinates me more and it helped me choose an industry where I want to pursue my career as a project manager.

What financial support have you been eligible for?

The student loan helped me pay my course, my parents helped me a lot with the rest of expenses and I had from time to time part-time jobs.

What piece of advice would you give to a prospective postgraduate student considering BU?

Don’t think too much, just choose BU and sign up, participate to every event you can. This may be your last chance to enjoy being a student. Live in the moment!

I can say that it won’t be always easy going through a postgraduate experience, but it will make you a better person. BU teachers will determine you to become better and your colleagues will teach you valuable real life lessons. Choose BU and you won’t regret it!