Kickstart days aim to provide you with snippets of key information to help you kickstart your journey into your first graduate role. Key speakers from inside and outside BU will provide you with the tools and knowhow to aid you in this journey.
They featured the following skills and competencies:
- LinkedIn & Video Interviewing
- Networking Skills
- Professional Etiquette
- Leadership Skills
- Executive Image
Join the L7 Kickstart day :
An inspirational talk from Russ Taplin, BU Alumni and local Entrepreneur followed by professional training workshops in Networking Skills and Professional Etiquette – all designed to help level 7 students stand out from the crowd when they go into their first graduate roles! The session will then be followed by two workshops covering essential skills that employers are looking for:
The Level 7 Kickstart Day will take place on Wednesday 14th March – Book here
Workshops for Level 7 students
These workshops have been designed specifically for Level 7 students looking to gain additional professional skills and qualifications to improve employability.
Workshops for Level 6 students
The workshops listed below are exclusively designed for final year Faculty of Management students to help you secure your first graduate level job. If you are a second year, level 5 students, please see below for workshops designed for you.
Professionally certified workshops
- Food Safety – 6 December
- Essential First Aid (St John Ambulance) – 18 October / 23 October / 1 November / 6 November / 15 November / 20 November / 29 November / 4 December
Professionally Certified IT Qualifications (Self-Managed Learning)
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is a recognised qualification that allows you to validate and document your working knowledge of essential Microsoft programmes on your CV. It will allow you to present yourself as truly knowledgeable and differentiate yourself in the competitive graduate job market.
The following exams are available: Word / Excel / Powerpoint / Outlook / Access
For more information and to book, visit MyCareerHub.
BU and employer workshops
- Application Form Masterclass (IBM) – 18 October
- Executive Image – 29 November
- Leadership Skills – 8 November
- Mock Assessment Centre (IBM) – 1 November
- Negotiation Skills – 1 November
- Personal Development Planning (Babcock) – 25 October
- Polished Presentation Skills – 15 November
- Understanding the Culture of the British Workplace – 6 December
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign – 6 December
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop – 29 November
- Introduction to MS Project – 6 December
Workshops for Level 5 students
The workshops listed below are exclusively designed for second year Faculty of Management students to help prepare you for finding a placement job. If you are a final year, level 6 student, please see above for workshops designed for you.