The sixth International History of Public Relations Conference (IHPRC) will be held on Wednesday, July 8 and Thursday, July 9 2015 at Bournemouth University in Dorset, England. Register your attendance online here.
The International History of Public Relations Conference is organised by the Public Relations Research Group in Bournemouth University’s Faculty of Media & Communication. It is the annual opportunity for scholars, historians and interested practitioners from around the world to meet, hear papers and discuss the history of public relations.
|Early Bird# (closes on Friday, May 8, 2015)||
|Standard registration# (After Friday May 8 until Sunday, July 5, 2015)||
|Day delegate (July 8)||
|Day delegate (July 9)||
|Conference Dinner (day delegates and other visitors)||
# Includes Conference Dinner
- Conference speakers must register for both days of the conference
- Graduate Student registration is solely for students engaged in full-time studies on graduate/Masters and doctoral programmes
- Registration closes on Sunday, July 5, 2015
To register for IHPRC, please use the online registration form:
Travel to Bournemouth
Delegates from outside the UK mostly fly into Heathrow Airport, which is London’s main airport, and then travel to Bournemouth by train, express coach or hire car. From Heathrow, there are regular National Express coaches from the airport’s central bus station and terminals 4 and 5 to Bournemouth. They stop at the transport interchange near the town’s rail station; don’t go on to the coach stop at the university. From Bournemouth station, it’s a short taxi trip to the conference hotel. There is a RailAir coach service from the Heathrow terminals to Woking rail station where you catch the train to Bournemouth.
Others spend a few days in London as tourists and then take a train from London Waterloo station to Bournemouth (with a terminus of Weymouth). Journey time is around 1hr 50min. London Waterloo is on the underground Tube network on the Northern, Bakerloo and Jubilee lines.
Bournemouth has a limited range of scheduled flights mainly in the UK and nearby Europe, including Dublin. It is possible to fly into Paris or Amsterdam and get a connection to Southampton. Immediately by that airport, you can catch a train west to Bournemouth about 40 minutes away.
IHPRC does not have a nominated hotel this year but here are names of hotels that are often used by delegates. Most should have online booking or be accessible through hotel.com, bookings.com, TripAdvisor or similar services.
- Ramada Encore, Bath Road, Bournemouth [This was the conference hotel for the past five years but we weren’t able to get a special rate for delegates this year. It is 5-7 minutes’ walk from the conference]. FULLY BOOKED
- Best Western Royale, Gervis Road, Bournemouth [Also close to the conference]
- Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel, Westover Road, Bournemouth [10 minutes’ walk to conference; five minutes from beach]
- The Green House, Grove Road, Bournemouth [7 minutes’ walk to the conference]
There are many other hotels and B&Bs in Bournemouth, as it is a popular coastal resort. Near the conference, which is held at the university’s Executive Business Centre, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8EB, are areas called Lansdowne and East Cliff. When looking at other hotels, check that they are in these areas for easy of walking to IHPRC 2015. Google Maps can help check their position.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bournemouth University on July 8-9, 2015.