Written by Guest blogger
What financial help can I get?
- Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course
- Maintenance loans, provides you money at the start of each term (or monthly in Scotland) and the amount you get depends on your household income, where you study, where you live and how long for.
- Scholarships, available directly through your choice of university (non repayable)
- Bursaries, available from your choice of university (non repayable)
Where do I get Student Finance and when should I apply?
You can find out about funding your studies, including links to further information regarding bursaries and scholarships, on the fees and funding section of our website. Please take a look at ‘Student Finance Explained’, a handy video produced by Student Finance England, for details on what may be available to you. Students can apply for funding up to 9 months after the first day of the academic year.
How do I pay my tuition fee?
Your tuition fee loan is paid directly to the university of college. Your maintenance will be paid into your own account!
What scholarships do you offer?
BU offer a wide variety of scholarships including music, sport and different subject achievement scholarships.
You will need to look carefully to check that you meet the criteria for the scholarship you wish to be considered for. You can apply for more than one scholarship if you meet the requirements. However, you will only be awarded one if successful. Please note that you can only apply for a scholarship after submitting an application for one of our courses.
I have an offer for BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing, currently applying for the maintenance loan. Where will I be spending most of the time during the different terms?
All Nursing students are classed as at Uni rather than on placement, please select the Uni on your application.
I have a dual nationality, will I pay home or overseas tuition fees?
Once the admissions team have received your application they will ask you to complete a fee assessment form, which will ask questions about where you have lived and for how long, as well as educational institutions you have attended. The team will then inform you of the outcome of this once you have completed and returned this. We cannot advise on your fee status until we have received this assessment form and your application.
I’m interested in applying for a bursary, what do BU offer?
BU offer 2 types of bursary:
- BU Maintenance Bursary offers up to £3,500 split across three years of study and is available to all new UK and EU students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- BU Care Leavers Bursary offers £6,000 to support your learning and living costs in your first year at university, and, should you continue to meet the eligibility criteria £5,000 in your second year.
If you have any further queries or questions please contact our friendly Future Students Enquiry Team on:
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961916
Live Chat: Monday-Friday 09:30-16:30 hours (GMT) click on the pink live chat icon on our website