Tiffany Ferreira Silva Dutra Produced by

BA (Hons) Business Studies

After being accepted as an international student ambassador, I had to attend one session of training to ensure I understood their expectations. I also had the opportunity to gain experience in many positions such as a campus tour guide, vlogging, blogging and talking to potential students on the phone. This position is extremely flexible as you can accept or decline the job as long as you provide your availability. As an international student, I do have working restrictions and I cannot exceed 15 hours per week and that includes any other part-time work that I do, however the university advise you not to rely on this as your only source of income.

Talents and preferences

When I first started and became a student ambassador, I was immediately drawn to blogging and office work as I love to write. If you are interested in photography, they encourage you to take photos and share them and post on their Instagram page to help enhance the appeal of BU. Love to vlog? Then this is great too as the university like a variety of people to provide different opinions. Are you a good writer? New blogs are requested each month with various topics and this gives you a chance to speak honestly and share your experiences. You can also meet potential students face to face and work on campus tours or speak to students on the phone who are requesting information about the university. You can accept a last-minute job taking part in things such as helping with general office admin and sending out information to students.

Gaining good experience

Overall, working as an undergraduate student ambassador has been one of the best opportunities I have had and I have been able to gain a great deal of experience in areas such as marketing and social media that will be very useful when I work in industry after graduating.