Danielle Produced by

BA (Hons) Marketing Communications

What is a student ambassador and what is it all about!?

A student ambassador is someone that works for the uni, with flexible working hours and can take on many fun tasks throughout the year. The work is really varied and you can choose what you would like to get involved with.

Being employed as a student ambassador means that you:

• can work when it’s convenient for you
  • have the opportunity to encourage and support current and future students, and visitors
  • it’s great for your CV
  • really good rates of pay to help whilst you are studying
  • can use your experience as evidence for the Global Talent Programme.

I’ve had loads of fun representing my course on open days, working at secondary schools to help sixth formers practice their interview skills and also doing this blogging job! Nurture your existing talent and develop your skill set with this role, all while you study at Bournemouth University. Even better, at the end of each year, there’s a Student Ambassadors Awards Ceremony where everyone’s contribution and efforts are recognised. I was over the moon when I received the BU Blogs and Vlogs Award 2018 and felt that uni truly appreciated my help over the past year.

If you think this sounds like something that you want to do, apply to be a Student Ambassador for the 2018/19 academic year and have loads of fun representing Bournemouth University. It has really helped me with my confidence and also allowed for me to meet new people along the way. Applications are now open so if you are a brand new student starting this September or an existing student , seriously apply!!! More information about becoming a student ambassador.