Luci Hamerston Produced by

When are the next Open Days?

• Wednesday 14 February 2018
  • Saturday 10 March 2018
  • Wednesday 4 April 2018

Book here

Are these different to the Autumn Open Days?

There will be a variety of course specific activities such as mini lectures and workshops taking place to give you a taster of what it’s like to study here at BU. These activities are open to both offer holders and prospective students still thinking about applying.

Does BU provide any overnight accommodation for guests travelling long distances?

Great to hear you’ll be visiting BU! Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer on-campus accommodation during term time, although you may find the following links helpful:

Is there parking?

There is limited parking on our Talbot Campus and local pay & display facilities on our Lansdowne Campus, however we operate an Open Day park & ride service. Blue badge parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Those that have registered to join us will receive an official programme through the post a few days before the event, along with travel and parking details via email.

I’m interested in a variety of courses, do I need to book a place for each course talk?

You only need to book yourself a ticket for 1 course but you’re welcome to attend multiple course talks on the day.

Can I bring my family with me?

Of course. Due to the popularity of some talks, priority will be given to prospective students over their guests if the lecture theatres become full.

I’m interested in either your Film Production & Cinematography or Photography courses, do these take place at the Open Day?

These courses are delivered at our BU Partner College Wiltshire College, Salisbury. All aspects of these courses from teaching, accommodation and student life will be based at the college. To find out more about their Open Days, please telephone 01225 350035.

What do I need to bring with me to the Open Day?

Just yourself, your guests and maybe some comfy footwear to explore our fantastic facilities!  Copies of the day’s programme will be sent to you beforehand and available at the Information Point on the day.

Can we look inside your accommodation facilities?

Yes, our free Open Day shuttle buses will visit various halls of residence throughout the day allowing you to see inside and return to campus at a time that suits you.

I can’t make your Open Days, can I visit another time?

Absolutely, we operate an open campus policy during working hours where you can come along and explore BU. More information can be found here.

Alternatively, you can visit our virtual tour to explore our campuses and range of teaching and learning online, without leaving your sofa!

Future Students Enquiry Team

Contact us

View of Talbot Campus at night