Luci Hamerston Produced by

What is UCAS Extra?

If you’ve applied and received decisions from five universities and either you weren’t offered a place or you declined all of your offers, you can still apply to one further university using UCAS Extra.

Please note: You’ll only be able to apply to one course at a time, meaning you’ll not be able to have an insurance choice.

When does Extra open?

From Saturday 25 February 2018 you’ll be able to apply through UCAS (subject to your course of interest).  Please check our website to find out which courses are open for Extra.

When does Extra close?

The deadline for Extra applications is Wednesday 4 July 2018.

What should I do if the course I would like to study is not in Extra?

You may still be able to apply for a place this September through Clearing in July and August. Please note, this may not include all courses. Keep an eye on our website for further details.

Do I have to pay to apply through Extra?

Providing you are eligible for Extra, i.e. you’ve already used all five choices, you would have paid all you needed to when you originally submitted your application.

I’m applying for a different course, can I change my personal statement?

Although you can’t change the original personal statement on your UCAS application, you can send a revised statement directly to BU to consider in support of your new course choice. Please email it to futurestudents@bournemouth.ac.uk with your UCAS ID number and full name.

How do I add an Extra choice in Track?

Here is a really useful step by step guide from UCAS to help you add your Extra choices.

Contact us