Emma Reynolds Produced by

Screenwriting for Film & Television

Hey gang! So, when joining university there is a whole array of clubs and societies that you can join! Freshers fair is usually the place to find what is right for you!

Image of Emma volunteering in Uganda

Sharing some cuddles with the children in Uganda!

When I was in my first year, I passed a charity worker in Poole House and I made the decision to go to Uganda and do some charity work there. Little did I know this trip was in partnership with Bournemouth University’s RAG. RAG stands for Raising and Giving and is the committee in BU’s Student Union,  SUBU, which works with outside charities and raises money and awareness throughout the year.

After my trip to Uganda I felt like I wanted to be more involved in the fundraising circuit and it was only by chance that East African Playgrounds (the company I went to Uganda with) were advertising the committee position for Overseas Coordinator available at Bournemouth. Of course, I applied, and got it!

Image fo Emma at the Raise and Give Conference 2017

Awards Ceremony at RAG Conference 2017

My duties as Overseas Coordinator include working with two selected charities, this year those being The Children’s Society and East African Playgrounds and working with the Challenge Leaders for the respective overseas trips that the charities offer in return for fundraising. I also assist with other fundraisers throughout the year and help other RAG members with activities.

RAG has allowed me to make some amazing friends and learn a lot about how to fundraise. As it is such a difficult thing to do, I like knowing I can share some of my wisdom with others. This year I am taking on the Fire and Ice Trek for The Children’s Society too with a goal of £2,490.