Written by

Getting my place at Bournemouth University through Clearing was a great ending to what began as a very stressful day. Prior to receiving my A-level results I’d already decided the course and university I’d originally applied for via UCAS wasn’t for me. By this point it was too late to reapply so there was a tense wait to see if it would be possible to get a place on an alternative course through the Clearing process.

After receiving my results I had mixed emotions. I was pleased with my grades and that was a massive relief – but there was still that worry because I was still uncertain if I could get into my course through Clearing.

It felt like a grey cloud over the excitement of results day. But after a phone call and a quick interview I was offered a place there and then. The excitement of my results came back again and my offer felt like a massive weight off my shoulders.

Of course I hadn’t had as much time to prepare for my place as I’d only found out on that day but now I had my place confirmed at Bournemouth University it was time to take the next steps in preparation for life as a university student.

Once I had a place, BU contacted me explaining everything including finding accommodation. I was able to use the BU accommodation portal in order to see all available accommodation options. I did have my heart set on halls however there were no spaces left, but I found out there were also loads of other accommodation options and opted to stay in a Unilet for my first year.

A year later I’ve had a great time enjoying the first year in my new home surrounded by fresher’s just like me in a beautiful town. I’m settled into university, loving my course and have found my place at BU.

By Remi Apatira – BA (Hons) Communication & Media