GeorgiaApplying for the BU Vice-Chancellor’s Most Promising Female STEM Applicant scholarship was the best decision I made before coming to Bournemouth University.

I’ve never been that type of person who always wants to get themselves out there, and I definitely didn’t want to talk or write about myself where it wasn’t absolutely necessary and I feel this could be said about many other students. However, while I was looking around BU’s website just after I had received my unconditional offer I stumbled across the Scholarships and Bursaries page, where I found 3 scholarships that I was eligible to apply for.

To begin with it was very daunting for me, but that shouldn’t put any of you off! Any financial help for students is very much appreciated and this was one of the things I was concerned about when applying for university (and I’m sure it was for many other students too). Also being concerned about the debt I would have after graduating, I decided to try and apply for some scholarships, specifically the tuition fee waiver ones that give you a year’s worth of tuition for free.

It does say that you can only receive one scholarship at once, but don’t let that put you off as I applied for all 3 scholarships; BU Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship (Access to HE qualifications), BU Chancellor’s Scholarship (BTEC) and BU Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship (STEM most promising female applicant).

All you need to do to apply is fill out a quick form and write around 300 words on why you think you should receive the award, it’s that easy! You might as well try it. I didn’t think I’d be able to better other applicants and achieve one, but you’ll never know if you don’t at least try it.

By Georgia Isaac