Department of Life & Environmental Sciences

Is BU planning to offer Student Wellbeing at Lansdowne?

Following requests from students, we will be offering one to one wellbeing support sessions on the Lansdowne from early 2018. For any student who is unable to attend Talbot House to register this can be done online at 

How can I report problems with my accommodation?

Each student residence has its own process for reporting maintenance issues and you will find an overview  for each accommodation at If you have any other questions then you can contact Residential Services on 01202 961671 who will be happy to try and help.    

Why can’t I get a same day appointment with the BU Medical Centre and can I make an appointment without having to phone them first thing in the morning

The BU Medical Centre is part of the Talbot Medical Centre based in Kinson and is run in accordance with normal NHS practice procedures. As with all NHS practices it is not always possible to get a same day appointment. Where there is an urgent need the practice will normally prioritise this wherever possible or… Read more »

Where can I find responses to SimOn and Student Forum feedback I’ve given about my course?

The Faculty of Science & Technology really welcomes your feedback. We have a dedicated section on the VLE where we post all responses to feedback received through SimOn and feedback we received via Student Reps. You can find the link to this here on Brightspace and here on myBU. We update this site after each… Read more »