Open Day Video 2017 (Martin Wells – Sports Development Manager; Issa Batrane – Beach Volleyball; Megan Aitchison – 400m/ 800m Runner)
Meet the SportBU Scholars
SportBU Scholar Stories
We have one Scholarship application that can be adapted to suit your personal needs and requirements, please follow the links below to read more in detail.
- Eligibility – Any UK/EU or international applicant applying for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course delivered at BU
- Application deadline –31 August if your course starts in September and 30 November if your course starts in January
- Value – Financial (up to £5,000) and/or Support Services
What can the funds be used for?
The money can be used towards Additional coaching; Equipment; Competitions; Travel Expenses; Entry Fees and Additional specific support services.
The support services can include:-
- Free gym membership
- Free weekly 30 minute sports massage therapy treatment
- Free chiropractic treatment
- Free strength & conditioning training
Level – Demonstrate excellence in your chosen sport, be part of a Regional, National and/or International squad and compete at this level (individual athletes will also need to be competitive with top performers within the BUCS programme)
Reference – An application should be supported by an online reference from a High Performance Coach or National Governing Body coach
How to apply
If you have any further queries regarding these scholarships then please do not hesitate to Martin Wells, our Sports Performance Manager.1