TeamBU Sport Brief
University athletes train with Bournemouth Athletics Club (BAC) and their coaches and enter into competitions of the appropriate standard.
Leagues & Competition Information
- Subscription fees to BAC are subsidised for elite athletes
- Athletes must pay their own season ticket/track fee
- Compete in BUCS Indoor, Cross Country, Marathon and Outdoor championships
Training & Conditioning
- Training is organised in conjunction with BAC and the Students Union club and is discipline specific
The highlights include the BUCS Indoor and Outdoor Championships, and local and regional events.
Partnerships & Facilities
Bournemouth Athletic Club Facts
- BAC was founded in 1906
- The Club has 400 members
- BAC compete in the UK National Women’s League Division 4, Southern Women’s League Division 1, Southern Men’s League Divisions 1 and 6, National Junior League (Men) – Itchen Division, McDonalds NYAL – Boys Southern One Division McDonalds NYAL – Girls Premier 6 Division
Athletes who have played or competed at a regional, national or semi-professional standard will be eligible to Apply for a Scholarship to support them in their sport whilst at university. These are currently available to all new and returning UK students. Want more information on Scholarships before you apply, simply follow the link below: