This easter have a try at making mini egg brownies!
- 120g unsalted butter
- 170g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 2 eggs (large, free range)
- 2 egg yolks (large, free range)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30g cocoa powder
- 85g plain flour
- Preheat fan oven to 180oC/250 F/ GM4 and line a 20cm by 7 inch rectangle baking tin with butter and parchment paper.
- Weigh out the sugar and break down any lumps from the muscovado sugar using clean fingers.
- Melt the butter, and dark chocolate together in a Bain-Marie.
- Stir in the sugar, add the eggs and egg yolks and combine using a whisk. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Sieve in to the mixture the flour, cocoa powder and salt, and mix until the mixture is smooth and free from any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes. You can check that your brownies have been cooked through by placing a knife in to the centre of the mixture and if comes out clean your brownies have cooked through.
- Let the brownies cool before decorating with chopped up mini eggs and melted white chocolate!