I can’t believe it’s pancake day again. Honestly, it just crêped up on me.
This pancake day try our delicious and health Protein Pancake Recipe which takes just 12 minutes to make! But why should you have protein in the morning? Well, research has shown that people who include protein at breakfast have better appetite control throughout the day, a win for the protein pancake!
This recipe makes 4 servings of pancakes…
- 25g whey protein powder (You can pick sachets of protein powder up at your local Tesco or Asda Super Stores)
- 100ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 50g porride oats
- 1/4 tsp of baking power
- Cooking spray
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz until it resembles a fine flour. Add the protein powder, baking powder, egg and milk to the blender too and blitz everything until you have a smooth pancake batter.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Pour the mixture onto the pan, using approx. 1/4 of the total mixture for each protein pancake.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the pancake for about 50 seconds until the bottom is lightly brown. Loosen with a flexible spatula of fish-slice, flip over and cook the other side. Serve ho with your filling of choice.
What can you add to your pancake?
- or anything you fancy!
Let us see your take on the Protein Pancake Recipe by using the #mysportbu on Instagram!