Team GB and Bournemouth University student Issa Batrane teams up with his Team GB and Commonwealth Games partner Chris Gregory to help keep their Road to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics alive. This past weekend London played host to the first round of the CEV Continental Cup Olympic Qualifier where Issa Batrane and his partner put on a display of Beach Volleyball at the highest level.

(Images supplied by ‘Sand Photos‘ at www.sandsphotos.co.uk/Portfolio/Sports/Volleyball-2019)

It’s great to have an international event back in London for the first time since the 2012 Olympics and qualify for the next round of Tokyo 2020 makes it even more special in front of the home crowd. Being able to show such a high level both physically and technically is great for the home fans to see and is a testament to the hard work put in with the great members of staff I work with such as Dr Emma Kavanagh, Jake Sheaf, Tijmen Companjen, Dan Boer and Alex Jeans who keep me in top shape to go and compete. – Issa Batrane

When asked what’s next for him, Issa went on to say:

In 2 weeks on June 8/9th I will be competing in the BUCS Beach Volleyball Championships for my university at Sandbanks Beach where I will be hoping to make it 3 Beach National Titles in a row along with finishing off my Dissertation before continuing with the rest of the season on the World and European Tours.

iPro Sport- TeamBU #TeamTakeover