Hi!

Many of you already know this about me but please feel free to share to anyone you think may be able to help!

I am Dan Wilson, age 21 and a member of the British Sailing Team, competing in the Men’s RS:X Windsurfer. I have been windsurfing since a young age, growing up in Christchurch harbour on the south coast of England, I got my real passion for racing from my mother who competed in the Olympics in 1992 and 1996 also in windsurfing. I have been racing on the International circuit for 9 years, since the age of 12 and on the senior circuit since the age of 18. The goal is to get to Tokyo 2020, recently I have just returned from the Miami World Cup and i’d like to share my story with you:

Dan Wilson Miami Timeline 2019

windsurfing sportbu teambu scholarship

January 14th,
“When you realise you’ve got to get up at 4am! Miami tomorrow though so I guess it’s worth it!”

GB Windsurf sportbu scholarFebruary 2nd,
Miami 2019 🏝22nd out of 55 in the first regatta of the year! 💪🏽 It has been a long week of hard light wind races! 💤💤 Fly back on Monday for a short holiday in Menorca  before getting back to training mid Feb! 💪🏽

windsurfing dan wilson sportbu scholar

February 6th,
“Back home and back to the fun stuff! 🌊”

Bournemouth University, SportBU, Windsurfing, Great BritianFebruary 13th,
Little update on what I’ve been up to so far this winter! 🎬🚨🚨🚨
We left rainy Weymouth🥶 back in October with the trailer and dog! Spent November and December in the Algarve, Portugal 🇵🇹, getting lots of hours in on the water🤙🏼. Before heading off to Miami for the first World Cup of the year 🇺🇸.
After a successful first competition of the year we are now preparing for the start of the European season out in Palma de Mallorca 🇪🇸.
A BIG THANK YOU to my family and everyone who makes this possible! And especially to those who have helped with sharing my crowd funding page! And please continue to do so!

GB Windsurf dan wilson sportbu scholar

Next for me in 2019…

What am I trying to achieve?

Go to Tokyo 2020. In order to do this, I need to qualify, this will take place over the next couple of years in the lead up to the Olympics and will include travelling throughout Europe and to Japan to compete in the summer events out there in order to gain valuable venue experience. As well as this I will be competing in the 2020 World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand.

How can you help?

Due to the extensive travelling which is required to compete on the international circuit, I am constantly trying to find ways fund these travel costs. The help you can provide can be as simple as helping me buy plane tickets or a new sail.

The average cost of my year;

–      Equipment – £5000

–      Travel – £3000

–      Accommodation – £2000

Donate Here

Click here to support Daniel Wilson

What can I do for you?

Over the last couple of years, I have been blogging what I do on social media through Instagram and Facebook. I can provide an international advertising board for your brand, we compete around the globe in the US, Europe, Japan, New Zealand and many other places. Not only this but the pictures taken of us get shared around the globe through the many media channels when we are competing at international events.

As well as this I have done some work for a few companies such as Mistral, where I consulted for them on their new windsurfing products, and delivered presentations at their distributor meetings and I also did a photoshoot for them to help launch their windsurfing.