Bournemouth uni   teambu dragon

After getting a placement job in Stellenbosch, I decided to move out there for the British winter season 2017/18.

The Mediterranean climate and hilly terrain of Stellenbosch make it a very popular destination for many top athletes. I train under coaches responsible for repeated success at World, Commonwealth, Olympic and Paralympic levels in both triathlon and its individual disciplines. Training with such athletes gives me a great confidence boost after a pretty mixed season. Every athlete’s dream is to compete at the highest level and rubbing shoulders with those that have makes me more focused about achieving success in the sport. I had the opportunity to train with professional cyclist Geraint Thomas and Team Dimension Data in their preparation for the Tour Down Under. I think that learning from such athletes will be beneficial to my future development in the sport. I hoped to race my first World Cup in Cape Town but there’s a lot of stiff competition in Britain. I want to see how fit I can get here while helping some of the other athletes achieve Commonwealth success on the Gold Coast in April before travelling home to race the domestic calendar. Thank you to SportBU who have supported me since I started University allowing me to set up a base in Stellenbosch.

Coaches Names:
Swim – Pierre de Roubaix/Run – Ernie Gruhn