SportBU assist aspiring masters judo athlete in quest to conquer at Masters Judo World Championships.

Having competed at national and international level judo for over 20 years the next aim for Donna Riggs is winning the masters judo world championships when it takes place in Olbia, Sardinia this October. Some really positive results since transitioning into the masters 18 months ago, including wins against a 2016 masters world champion and European silver medalist aswell as becoming two time British masters champion has been key motivation to take the next step towards winning medals at the highest possible level.This is step up in level of competiton for the 31 year old judoka but she believes that she stands a good chance of meddling.

“This was my first opportunity to compete at the worlds so when I heard they were being held in Europe I really wanted to attend. I believe that I can compete with the ladies at this level but being a student I knew it would be a struggle to afford the trip. I am really grateful for all of the support I have received from Sport BU and also the academic support from my course lecturers.”