BU students Rob York and Saskia Sills are currently competing in the Trofeo Princesa Sofia sailing regatta. With 833 sailors from all over the world competing over the 10 Olympic classes this is one of the largest events on the world tour.

The two British sailing team athletes continuously work hard to beat the best in the world alongside studying. The Trofeo Princesa Sofia regatta is just one of many regattas throughout the year however both Athletes have their sights set on the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Only one sailor from each of the 10 Olympic classes is selected for the games so being that one will be a very competitive task however if the hard work continues there is no reason we cannot reach our goals.

The next event for the talented pair will be the BUCS national windsurfing championships where the national champions hope to defend their titles. Taking wins in both male and female windsurfing at BUCS last year was epic and great for the university, following that they will head out to Marseille to once again fight it out with the best in the European championships.

The support from Sport BU has had a huge impact on both my sailing and my studies with the two BU scholars utilising to the full the amazing support that the SportBU staff offer.

“Once again myself and rob would like to say a huge thank you to Bournemouth university and Sport BU for their amazing support and contributions to our Olympic campaigns”

“The university have been massively supportive allowing me time off to train and compete, and also making sure I am able to get assignments done when I can” said Rob.