Team BU, SportBU, Bournemouth University #TeamBU

TeamBU athlete Liam Driscoll has been selected to represent in the English Universities Mens Rugby 7s team who are talking part in the 2017 Tri-Nations Tournament. Liam went up against all footballers across England in Regional and then National Trials to be selected.

We are extremely #BUProud of Liam and wish him the best at the 2017 event against Scotland and Wales.

Enlarge

We caught up with Liam to find out about his sport:

Current External Team (if playing):

“I play for Dinas Powys at home when I go back but rarely go back because it’s a long journey.”

How you got into your sport:

“I got into rugby from a very young age, i started officially playing for Dinas at the age of 6 but always passed the ball around in the garden with my dad before then.”

Where you want your sport to take you (playing level in the future or after uni)?

I’d like 7s to open up more opportunities for me, whether it be to continue representing England Students or to return back to 15s for Welsh Students or Welsh Academical’s being a Welsh boy!

How you feel about your England call up and what are you looking forward to about the Home Nations Event:

I am buzzing to have the opportunity to represent England Students even if I am Welsh, it’s a huge opportunity for me and I can’t wait to get to the home nations. I’m looking forward to meeting up with the team and playing a high standard of rugby but also to play nationally in front of my family.