Saturday 5th November saw SportBU host our first indoor rowing event! Our event saw athletes from BU Boat Club and Southampton Solent University Rowing Club take part in a host of race categories including; 2000m, 1000m and 250m sprint.
The event is part of the BUCS Indoor Rowing series administered by British University College Sport (BUCS) giving universities the opportunity to win BUCS points on a national level.
The standout performance of the day came from fresher Jen Lander, who dominated in the women’s beginner 1000m, taking her top of the national table with a time of 03:37.3!
We would like to thank the following people for making our event such a success;
- BUCS – for giving us the opportunity to host the south coast regional event.
- British Rowing – for the support and guidance given in the lead up to our event.
- Gus Mckechnie – our independent adjudicator and fantastic commentator!
- BU Boat Club – for their hard work and event preparation (all whilst continuing to train!).
- Bishop of Winchester Academy – who were kind enough to loan us additional rowers for this event.
We look forward to growing this event in the future and increasing attendance from local universities and clubs, as well as encouraging our performance sport teams to get involved and test themselves on the rowers! We hope to see you all in 2017!