About The Series
SportBU is hosting a University Indoor Rowing Series Event on Saturday 5th November 2016.
The vision for the BUCS Indoor Rowing Series is to create a series of regional events to attract the best student rowers and a wide participation base to encourage an interest in indoor rowing competitions. Eligible times set within the series event qualify for the BUCS Indoor Rowing Championships!
Students will row 2 km (heavy weight and light weighty) and 1 km (beginners and adaptive) – times will be recorded locally by the independent adjudicator and submitted to the BUCS office. Additional distances are also available (250m and 2500m relay) however these are not eligible for BUCS Championships. Adaptive equpment is available for all athletes if required!
After all regional events have been completed – BUCS points / medals will be awarded to the top scores on a national basis in four categories:
• BUCS Men’s Heavyweight competition
• BUCS Women’s Heavyweight competition
• BUCS Men’s Lightweight competition
• BUCS Women’s Lightweight competition
Please download the entry form using the following link: university-indoor-rowing-series-event-entry-form-05-11-2016. Completed entry forms should be returned to email@example.com and should be completed as a club rather than individually.
- All competitors must be appropriately dressed for the activity undertaken and should be appropriately prepared.
- All competitors must have their student ID cards for inspection on the day.
- Information on registration times and event category start times will follow shortly
- Entry Deadline: Wednesday 2nd November 2016
- Lightweights: Men 75.0kg or less, women 61.5kg or less.
- Directions can be found here
For further information about the event, please contact Natalie Carr (Sport Development Administrator) on firstname.lastname@example.org