Chloe left for Malaysia on 26th February and started the competition on 28th of February going through until Friday the 4th of March. After competing against five tough countries in her group, Wales managed to qualify through their group in 2nd place. This allowed Wales to compete in the top half of the draw where they were drawn against a tough Latin American team, Venezuela. Wales lost to Venezuela 3-1 with only Chloe securing the one match. This then meant they went to a playoff position where Wales played Argentina and unfortunately lost 3-2. Wales finished in 10th place in their division which was where they were ranked initially.

Chloe commented after the tournament on her return  saying “I am quite happy with my performance over all it’s a shame against Venezuela in the last 16 as the matches were all so close, but it just wasn’t meant to be, we didn’t do any better or worse regards to our ranking but I have definitely learnt a lot about my own game and was amazing to see the top players in action, particularly the Chinese.  My next tournament will be Luxembourg Open at the end of March”

Tagged on: