Saskia Sills is set and ready to compete in the first ISAF Sailing world cup of 2016 that will take place in Miami.

Top level windsurfer competitors in the Olympic and Paralympic sailing classes will take to the water in Miami to compete in The first ISAF World cup of 2016, taking place from Monday 25th until Friday 29th January. The competition is the 27th addition of the Miami leg of the world cup tour and Is an important event for competitors looking to compete in the Olympic games. Saskia sills from Bournemouth university will be competing in the Windsurfing category and is looking forward to racing against the best windsurfers in the world. Saskia will be blogging for the university whilst she is out in Miami, to learn more about what she does, check out her blogs that will be posted through the SportBu website; available soon!

“I have dramatically changed the way I have been training in the gym and on the water for the past 6 months and I feel as if I have made some big improvements in a number of areas. I am looking forward to seeing how the training hours have impacted my racing. I haven’t raced since October, so I am also looking forward to just getting out there and racing and performing to my potential.”