A commercial property lawyer and BU alumnus has been named Lawyer of the Year at the Dorset Legal Awards.

William Warnock completed the Graduate Diploma in Law at BU in 2010 and went on to complete the Legal Practice Course (LPC) in 2018. He is currently a Commercial Property Lawyer based at Dutton Gregory’s Poole office.

His award follows a six-month application process which involved mystery shopping and a panel interview. William said: “I am incredibly honoured to have won such a prestigious award in a category with so many highly talented lawyers. It has taken years of hard work and the support of many people to make this achievement a reality. I always enjoyed my time at BU, the lecturers were very informative and engaging and the course content inspired me to be where I am today.”

Dutton Gregory Solicitors also won the Partner of the Year Award, which was given to Emma Menzies and its teams were finalists in the Property, Family, Private Client and Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence categories.