We always love hearing why our graduates choose to return to BU for their Master’s. We asked Daniel some questions – read his story below.

What was your main reason for studying a postgraduate qualification?

It was always something I wanted to do and because of the returning discount I was swayed to do it now rather than later.

Why did you decide to stay at/return to BU?

I’d had 4 amazing years at BU and learnt a lot socially and academically it just wouldn’t have seemed right to change universities for me.

What are the best things about your course and academic experience overall?

The topics they cover are so relevant in the real world which presents a really personal discussion about what my beliefs are and how I wish to progress with these into the real world and really try and make my life the best for me as well as helping those around me.

Are you involved with any extra-curricular activities this year e.g. Clubs & Societies, Sports teams, Global Talent Programme?

Yes.

Please give details about your activity/activities, why you chose to get involved and how you think it will enhance your BU journey

I’m counting working for Dylan’s/SUBU – I started it as a means to an end as being a student is really difficult without having a job but the longer I have worked there the more I have realised it is so much more than that, you form friendships and contacts with people.

What are your favourite things about living and studying in Bournemouth?

I feel like answering this would literally just be listing everything! There couldn’t be a better place to study – amazing people from everywhere in the world, academics who truly care and are developing courses so that they are improving year on year, the uni building and developing its facilities and accreditations etc etc etc.

What were your career aspirations before coming to BU and what are they now?

I wanted to be an Events Manager and now I wish to own my own marketing company.

How do you feel your postgraduate experience at BU will help you in your future career?

It has allowed me to specialise in marketing, as well as having a more diverse set of contacts.

What postgraduate financial support have you been eligible for?

The student loan.

What have been the main differences you’ve found in postgraduate study vs. your first degree?

It’s harder but keeps you more interested.

What piece of advice would you give to someone considering BU for their postgraduate studies?

Be confident in yourself, if you get accepted to do it then you are capable.

By Daniel Chamberlain
MSc Marketing Management student and BA (Hons) Events Management graduate.