Kamila Bianchi (Brazil)

I am Kamila Bianchi, from Brazil! I am studying a Masters in 3D Computer Animation at BU. 2018 has been one of the hottest summers in the UK since 1976. It was a lucky year to be living in Bournemouth as it has some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe and many of them just some minutes away from the University.

From winter to summer

It is unbelievable how the town changes during the summer! The beaches are always packed, tourists come in on the train and buses everyday, a lot of young students from other countries also come to study English here. It is a very different atmosphere from the quiet and calm Bournemouth during the winter.

Enjoying the sunny days

Despite the good weather, I am doing a Masters, which means my last assignment is due at the end of August (no Summer Break for me!). So I spent most of the summer in the computer lab for MA3D students. Whilst I am at the University I try to have lunch outside as much as possible and take little breaks regularly when I try and walk around the campus and often treat myself to an ice cream.

To really enjoy the beach, I personally prefer waking up early, working on my projects until 4pm and then going to the beach the sun is warm until 6 / 7 pm, so you can still get a good tan.

Living close to the beach gives us another advantage, there is a breeze that comes off the sea, so the average temperatures are always lower here than in the rest of the county.

Kamila Bianchi, Brazil, MA in 3D Computer Animation, 2017/18