Written by Guest blogger
I am currently studying MSc Management with Human Resources. I was awarded a Faculty of Management Executive Dean’s Scholarship, offering a 50% reduction in tuition fees, and I would like to share with you my top five tips for writing a winning scholarship personal statement:
- Believe in yourself. The first and most important step is to believe in yourself and that you are capable of winning a scholarship. Many students think that they do not have any chance of winning a scholarship and they do not even try to apply for it.
- Meet the deadline. Start your research and preparation as soon as possible. If you want to apply for a scholarship, make sure you do not miss any deadlines.
- Give it enough time. Take your time! You should keep in mind that such a personal statement takes more than one day to be written. If you occupy yourself with this topic in advance, there is no need to hurry. This is the best way to avoid any mistakes.
- Research, research, research. Do some research on how to write a personal statement and on what the university requires. It might be also worth talking to people who already submitted an application for a scholarship, but do not copy anything because the personal statement is about your own personality.
- Tell them who you are. Please do not just write about the outstanding grades you achieved, because that is already stated in your transcript. They want to get to know you as a person and what makes you worthy of being awarded a scholarship.
Believe in yourself and do not be afraid of submitting your scholarship application.
Vanessa Ritter | Germany | MSc Management with Human Resources