WendyI attended my first module on the Media Short Courses in July 2015. As a blogger and freelance writer, I found the two day residential course and subsequent seven weeks of online learning in Writing, Editing & Publishing helped me work towards realising the dream of having my work published. One surprising lesson I’m learning as a mature student is that I need to grow and change through the course of education. The structure and flexibility of the programme enables me to grow as it gives me space of my own to enter and find resolution in my writing. I’m able to critically analyze and reflect on my work, share ideas with other students and form friendships which create a firm foundation for the challenges I might face in my writing journey.

Wendy-blog

One of my blogs published by BU CEL

I’m continually inspired by the positivity of the lecturers and I love the variety of assignment themes. Being a Mum, wife, project officer and blogger takes up most of my waking hours, so the course structure is perfect for me to make some changes without any major disruptions at home. As my MA progresses I can see changes in my writing and feel the Media Short Course Programme has given me the golden opportunity to grow and develop my writing and blogging career.

If you think you may be ready to grow and change through education, I’d encourage you to take the next step and explore the variety of courses on offer through BU’s Build Your Own Master’s programme.

By Wendy Bardsley