If you’re thinking of applying for a BU Sport Scholarship, here’s a glimpse into how your future could look.

Kevin Baker – Volleyball

Kevin-Baker-edBeing a scholar athlete at Bournemouth University is a tremendous privilege. It is truly a testament of perseverance through hard work and dedication. The hours of sweat, pain and gain have pushed me to be fortunate enough to be awarded a sport scholarship to represent BU in the highest of quality. The sport scholarship has helped out in several ways, and has been a huge aspect in the success of personal and team goals for the BU Men’s First squad. As an American studying MSc Sport Management, the appreciation of sport is one that has been engrained since I was young. TeamGLEAS has been instrumental in bridging the gap and getting me connected to such a reputable University and Men’s Volleyball team. Representing BU with my fellow teammates has been an absolutely unique and special experience, and something that I will forever be appreciative of. As our season is a few games away from the BUCS playoffs, I am excited for what our team will be challenged with, and confident in our play to achieve a championship.

Aaron Bullock – Golf

Hi, my name is Aaron and I’m this year’s Bournemouth University Golf captain.

Being part of a sports varsity programme is an achievement in itself, to be part of an elite university sporting scholarship is even better. I feel very proud to be recognised and awarded for all the hard work I’ve put in over the years to achieve my full potential. Recognising excellence in sport and handing gifted individuals scholarships to be the forefront of Bournemouth’s university sports programme makes me want to achieve even more and go that extra mile to achieve success.

The support services alongside the scholarships are excellent quality and the ability to train your body through strength and conditioning alongside the development of our technical ability provides me with a platform to continue improving and represent Bournemouth University at the highest level.
The financial implications mean I am able to get regular coaching and help with equipment purchases that I need to gain an advantage on my fellow competitors and hopefully come out on top.

Leigha Mitchell – Swimming

Leigha-MitchellBy having the sporting scholarship, it gives me more confidence to do better and achieve my set goals for this year. Last year I was getting injuries in my shoulders and this was consistent so I had to take time off, when I started university I got back into training and racing again. The scholarship helps me mentally because I know if I was to get injuries here I have people to go to for physiotherapy.