The Cenotaph in Bournemouth GardensBy Merna Ghabbour

It was June 2012; I was re-evaluating what I wanted out of life, specifically my career path. I liked what I was doing for a time, but I wanted more, so I sat in front of my computer for hours on end. I always had a knack for ethics and I enjoyed communications. I was also in a relationship management role for work. Public relations was right up my alley and that’s what I came across at Bournemouth University. Professors with industry experience, the freedom to choose between consultancy project or a dissertation, the opportunity to study in one of the most beautiful parts of England. It was like I had won the lottery, I immediately applied.

From application to acceptance, to arriving at Bournemouth, it was a really great experience. The international team were so helpful in making everything run smoothly and seamlessly. I knew I had made the right choice.

My advice, ask all the questions you need. The help is invaluable. BU staff wants to help in making the most of your experience; they helped me immensely with mine.