Placement Coordinators – Emma Norry, Debra Almagor and Karen Ephram will provide you with invaluable advice and support for your placement search.
Located in CAG01, between Weymouth and Christchurch House, please stop by!
Placement Development Advisors – Supporting those students on the Sandwich Placement year, Debbie Hall and Vianna Renaud are your designated coaches to help you during your time out in industry, covering both personal and professional matters. As your ‘mentor’ they will conduct two placement reviews throughout the year, where they will visit you at your placement for one of those sessions.
Additional Resources at BU
We consider your employability to be incredibly important during your student journey and university experience. As a result, we have a variety of resources and tools you can use to help you with your future employability.
1. Visit MyCareerHub – A designated website for you to use which should be your first stop for anything ‘employability’ related. You can find it on the myBU tab and at: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/
2. Sign up for Careers Events – Delivered by the Careers and Employability team, you can sign up to attend various sessions, from CV and cover letter writing to assessment centres, etc.
3. Calendar of Careers Action – This helpful site will explain what you should be doing each year of your Uni course.
4. Take part in the Student Development Award – This will help you to show your future employers that you truly made the most of your University time and will help you stand out.
5. On MyCareerHub, you can also:
i. Search and find a part time job
ii. Find a short or long placement
iii. Find an opportunity to volunteer
iv. Study or Work Abroad
6. See the Careers and Employability team – Jane Pimblett is the designated Media School Careers Advisor and with her fellow careers advisors, can give career guidance, either through 1-1 appointments or workshops. They are based in The Edge by the library on Talbot Campus.
7. Stay up to date with the Media School website and the CMC Blog – They will provide you with up to date information on student activities including placements and advice from both students and supervisors. http://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/cmc/tag/placements/
REMEMBER!!!! Make the most of the University opportunities available to you so that you can present yourself as a well-rounded candidate. The more you have done and can show on your CV and portfolio, the more you will stand out from the crowd!