The International History of Public Relations Conference, founded by CMC’s Prof Tom Watson, has annouced the development of a new Academic Committee to help build sustainable scholarship in public relations history and develop interdisciplinary research links, such as media studies, communication and mainstream history.
“With the fifth conference to be held on July 2-3 2014, the conference is moving to a new maturity and so an Academic Committee of leading historians has been formed”, said Tom.
The six PR historians joining Tom on the committee have all have been active supporters, keynote speakers and presenters at IHPRC since it started in 2010. These leading scholars are:
- Prof Dr Günter Bentele, Leipzig University, Germany
- Assoc Prof Meg Lamme, University of Alabama, USA
- Prof Jacquie L’Etang, Queen Margaret University, Scotland
- Assoc Prof Karen Miller Russell, University of Georgia, USA
- Prof Don Wright, Boston University, USA
- Prof Jordi Xifra, Pompeu Fabra University, Spain
Tom went on to say: “Their tasks include reviewing abstracts, acting as IHPRC ambassadors, advising on the conference’s development, contributing papers, mentoring younger researchers and attending regularly.”