Consumer Insights: Brand Ecology
What is it?
A means of identifying and mapping what contributes to the life of a brand from the ‘bottom up’ providing a unique perspective on the brand as part of a network. Whilst the consumer is a source of data, the consumer is NOT given primary agency.
Why make use of it?
- Using existing brand models can result in the loss of important/relevant areas of enquiry
- The priority becomes the completion of the model and can encourage us to view the brand in isolation
- This approach places the brand as the object of enquiry rather than the consumer
- It develops a unique model of understanding how the consumer, media, culture, etc. all contribute the life of the brand
- It helps identify the level of engagement consumers have with each medium based on the importance it has in enabling behavioural practices.
To discuss your research requirements with an academic please call us on +44 (0)1202 962006 or email email@example.com.