BU are holding a cycle to work week from Monday 14 May to Thursday 17 May. The following events will be taking place during the week:
Monday 14 May
The BU cycle to work scheme opens
The BU cycle to work scheme will be open from Monday 14 May to Friday 24 June. There will be a road show event at Talbot Campus on 15 May. Please see here for full details.
Tuesday 15 May
- Talbot Campus – 100 free bikers breakfast available from 8am while stocks last in the Poole House semi-circle. Collect a voucher from Talbot Campus secure cycle compounds to claim.
- Lansdowne Campus – Bikers breakfast vouchers available from Lansdowne secure bike compounds. Available from 8am while stocks last.
Can any BUBUG members volunteer to hand out breakfast vouchers for the bikers breakfast? If you can help from 8am for half an hour, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talbot Campus cycle to work day – 10:00 to 14:00
There will be a number of cycle themed stands in Poole House court yard, including:
- New Forest big project second hand bike sale – abandoned BU bikes given a new lease of life available from between £30 and £60
- Hope 2 Cycle – come and find out about how to loan a BU bike for the 2018/19 academic year
- Bournemouth Police bike tagging – come and get you bike security tagged free of charge
- Try a BU electric bike – guided e-bike ride around Talbot Campus by e-Cycles centre, Winton
- Cycle Solutions Roadshow – find out about the BU cycle to work scheme for staff and 10% discount for Students
- Dorset Police close pass initiative – road safety demonstration for cyclists and drivers
- BU Bicycle User Group –come and sign up to the BUBUG
- BU Travel and Transport team – find out about how you can travel more sustainable to campus
- Bournemouth Borough Council Road safety team – find out about road safety initiatives and collect a free backpack cover
- Borough of Poole Cycle Officer – find out more about cycle training, infrastructure improvements and the planned dockless bike share scheme for Bournemouth and Poole
Wednesday 16 May
BU Bug meeting – Talbot Campus 12:30 to 14:00 P406, Poole House.
Meeting to discuss:
- Follow up to Talbot Campus infrastructure issues (see attached update document).
- Widening of the pedestrian/cycle route into Talbot Campus
- Bournemouth and Poole dockless bike share scheme
If you would like to add to the agenda, then please e-mail suggested items to email@example.com
Thursday 17 May
- Bike servicing session at Talbot Campus (Dorset House compound) 08:30 to 16:00
Please see here for full details.
- BUBUG evening cycle ride to Swanage
This will be the first organised ride of the year. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for more details. The ride will depart from Sandbanks Chain Ferry (Poole Side) at 5.45. Please note that we will be stopping for Fish and Chips in Swanage, however these won’t be provided for free on this ride. Please therefore bring some money for your Fish and Chips, and also £2 for the return ferry fare (£2).
BU launches electric pool bike scheme for intercampus and local business travel trips
BU is pleased to announce the launch of an electric bike pool scheme for BU staff. The scheme encourages staff to use electric bikes for inter-campus travel and local business travel.
BU staff travel survey
The BU staff travel survey is now open. If you have not already taken part, then please do so. There are prizes to be won and Green Reward points available for staff participants. Complete the survey here .