The annual ‘Bike Week’ social ride to Swanage and back will take place on Thursday 15th June. The first 25 to register can claim FREE Fish & Chips in Swanage!
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be meeting at the Sandbanks Ferry (on the Poole side) at 6:00pm prompt.
- The ride is a social ride on public roads and each rider participates at their own risk and must obey the Highway Code and cycle safely at all times. Your bike should be in a roadworthy condition.
- Please bring enough water for the ride, and wear clothing appropriate for the activity and conditions, including wet weather clothing where necessary.
- Although we do not anticipate completely running out of daylight on the ride, it may become dark towards the end – particularly if it is cloudy. Therefore please ensure that your bike has functioning front and rear lights.
- Please bring normal equipment for dealing with typical mechanical issues, eg puncture repair/spare innertube, pump. You may also wish to carry a lock to secure your bike during the Fish and Chip stop at Swanage.
- You are advised to wear a helmet.
- In the event of the ride being cancelled due to bad weather or an unforeseen circumstance, an email will be sent to everyone who has registered by 4pm on the day of the ride. We will also advertise the cancellation on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BU_Bike).
Details of the outbound route on the Sandbanks side can be found by clicking on the below image. The return route is the reverse of the outbound!