It is crucial to get involved in as much as possible when undertaking a university degree to make yourself stand out to future employers.
At BU, there are a number of activities to get involved in and they all contribute towards our Student Development Award which recognises extra-curricular initiative.
- sportBU is the department that runs all the sport and fitness at BU.
- Click here to view sportBU’s comprehensive website and find information about the membership options, classes, timetables, programmes, sports and activities you can get involved with.
- All our facilities and programmes are open to everyone; fantastic facilities at amazing prices so you are guaranteed great value for money. Join with a membership or access activities on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- We provide a range of activities to suit your needs including social sport, varsity sport and performance sport for those playing at the highest level.
- To get involved with a varsity sport team you need to attend trials that are held over two weeks from 23 September 2013. These dates will be published soon on the sportBU website
- If you play any sport to a high level, we want to hear from you as you could be eligible for a scholarship! Please email email@example.com with your details.
- To join sportBU and get your membership sorted before arriving in Bournemouth, click here.
The Atrium Art Gallery and Balcony, based in Poole House, boasts an inspirational Public Art exhibition programme and provides a thought-provoking space in which to study, reflect and enjoy the arts and crafts. Find out more about the cultural life on campus www.bournemouth.ac.uk/atrium-gallery
With orchestras, choirs and a Big Band, BU Music offers a diverse range of musical opportunities. Tuition is available from a team of well qualified tutors and facilities include a suite of practice rooms and two concert halls. Throughout the year, we promote a programme of concerts by students and professional musicians. Take a look at our events programme and find out what BU Music can offer you. www.bournemouth.ac.uk/music-events
Learn a Language
Enhance your CV by taking the time to learn a new language. Our Language Centre offers the opportunity for students to be able to learn languages including French, Spanish, German, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic.
Clubs and Societies
One of the best ways to make friends and have fun at BU is through one of our clubs and societies. There are almost 100 clubs and societies, including ultimate Frisbee, wildlife conservation and an anime club.
Take some time to give something back to the community you live in. We run a number of volunteering opportunities for students and volunteering to offer support and help can really benefit people and improve your CV!
You can get involved in writing for NERVE Magazine or take on a role at NERVE Radio. This is a great way to meet new people and also learn a new skill. Find out more at http://www.subu.org.uk/main-menu/nerve-media
There are many events that take place at BU throughout the year, including balls and courses. BU’s student bar, the Old Fire Station, also hosts a number of gigs and club nights for students too.